Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Ghost of Ted Haggard

This column, printed in the far-right World Net Daily, shows why there is no such animal as an 'ex-homosexual'. Contrary to the title, Michael Glatze does not explain how a gay rights leader became straight. Rather, he was so ashamed by his homosexuality that he chose celibacy.
Money quote

"What I discovered – what I learned – about homosexuality was amazing. How I'd first "discovered" homosexual desires back in high school was by noticing that I looked at other guys. How I healed, when it became decidedly clear that I should – or risk hurting more people – is that I paid attention to myself. Every time I was tempted to lust, I noticed it, caught it, dealt with it. I called it what it was, and then just let it disappear on its own."

Glatze's problem is not just with homosexuality but with all sexual expression. Time for me to get neutered.

Note: Pakistani readers will not be able to access the page because our military dictatorship has decreed that our minds will be poisoned by World Net Daily. I recommend circumventing the ban by using a proxy like anonymouse.

No comments: